TRANSPORT TRAINING SERVICES
Motor Vehicle Apprenticeships
MOTOR VEHICLE APPRENTICESHIPS AT TTS!
TTS offers motor vehicle apprenticeships throughout Northern Ireland
- Vehicle Maintenance & Repair - Light Vehicle Technician - working with cars and small vans, specializing in Franchise dealerships.
- Vehicle Maintenance & Repair- Heavy Vehicle Technician - working with Large Vans, LGVs and Buses
- Vehicle Maintenance & Repair – Motorcycle Technician – working with 2 wheel transport of all types.
- Vehicle Body Repair - working in accident repair centres repairing structural and cosmetic damage to vehicles
- Vehicle Refinishing - working in accident repair centres, repainting vehicles after repair.
After aptitude testing, successful applicants can be directed for interview to suitable local businesses to secure employment before starting training.
The training is delivered in a block release style ie the apprentice attends TTS for a week and then returns to work with the employer for approximately six weeks at a time. Training should be completed in 3 year, Apprentices becoming fully qualified Technicians at Level 3 shortly after the 3 years of training.
Training involves e learning, minimum 50% practical ‘off the job’ training, some classroom study and assessment in the workplace.
The qualifications apprentices work towards are Vocational Competence Qualifications (VCQ), formerly NVQ, Vocationally Related Qualifications (VRQ) initially at Level 2 progressing to Level 3. Apprentices also gain air con and safe working practice qualifications.
Further training time may be scheduled for Maths, English and ICT, if GCSE grade Cs have not been achieved.
Applicants must be eligible for Apprenticeships NI funding provided by the Department for the Economy (DfE) where the cost of training is paid for.
Transport Training Services has fully equipped workshops for both vehicle maintenance and accident repair. Our Trainers are qualified and time served in the subjects that they teach.